The Human Bots
Excessive Plus - Printable Version

+- The Human Bots (http://thehumanbots.com/Forums)
+-- Forum: Gaming (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Excessive Plus (/showthread.php?tid=49)

Excessive Plus - Mayhem - 02-26-2009 03:32 AM

Everyone who knows that Quake 3's insta unlagged mod is currently dead seems to have either quit or just plays the one server that occasionally pops up from rail addicts. That does not mean this game is dead whatsoever, There are still hundreds of competitive North American players and Thousands of Euro players. In North America we have many servers but they're mostly running Excessive Plus. Excessive plus is the incarnation of lots of hard work on the original excessive mod, and has become the mainstay for many Quake players in general, Quake4 died, most of the players from that were from Quake3, they moved back. Enemy Territory is supposed to be good, but I heard it too objective based, with terrible DM capabilities. And Lastly QuakeLive is absolute garbage only because it lags to no end.

So the choice is obvious, the only problem with Excessive Plus is, most people who were proficient in Insta Unlagged such as myself when I first made the switch, find that enemies pop up out of nowhere so to seem. Thats because the way the weapons work, In Plus.cfg the BFG is setup so that it hurles out a large blast with a random barrage of grenades with it, kinda weird, but it seperates it away from the rocket launcher much better now. The reason for stating that is, the BFG can propel you like no other weapon before, Excessive plus invented the "Slide". In the Slide, you can find a corner of some sort on a wall, anything with close to a 90 degree angle, and if you shoot the bfg into the middle of it, you will litterally slide in the opposite direction if you aim it so you dont go into the air. This opens a whole new reality, you can now fast cap in CTF about 1/8th of the time, I can fast cap CTF1 in probably under 10 seconds, I havent timed it, but its an example. Not only that, if you do want to go in the air, you can aim into a wall and ground angle, you will go right up into the cieling pretty much gaurenteed.
Not only that, the Grenades have been modified so that you can propel with those rather than your rail gun, they send you going alot faster and farther than the rail gun did in insta, which is actually fairly fun, and you can move alot faster with that aswell than the tradition rail gun movement. The Rockets are pretty much the same as baseq3, with maybe a bit more knockback, and yes, no self damage. Railgun is not very fast really, I dont know the stats, you can find out for yourself by downloading the plus.cfg.
The other strange change is the lightening gun, there is knockback as well as splash damage, so its no longer a glorified machine gun, due to the short range, splash damage makes it great for a finishing weapon in close range, and the knockback the splash can create for yourself, can make wallrides available, especially handy in the space maps like CTF4.

Yeah the weapons are great, but what about real changes. Well, the physics have been greatly modified. No longer do jumppads determine where your going in the air. Yes we all thought the flight ability was kinda fun, but your a sitting duck in this game with that ability. So theres the way these new physics work to make us have real flight if you can strafe jump. When you go into the air, and you have some speed and your going in one direction, now, you can change the direction just by turning towards the direction. Trick jumps are getting crazy now in this mod, its like the CPMA physics, you go on a jump pad and slowly rotate 180 degrees and your going the opposite direction the jumppad sent you, you turn 360 degrees, and more often that not, you'll land back on the jumppad you took off on. It goes for any way of getting into the air possible, and with 4 or 5 multi jumps at your disposal, you can retain your speed fairly easy and go extremely far, just find a bit of ground to land on, and as you land, jump right when you land, and you'll retain that speed fully, no loss.

There are many updates to things like scoreboards, statistics, name colours, and coding, as well as freeze tag gametype, one flag, team arena, and return the flag. More information can be found on.

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.excessiveplus.net">www.excessiveplus.net</a><!-- w -->

If anyone finds the learning curve extremely difficult and wants possible training at basic excessive moves or whatever, they can contact me, I run a THB Team server for Excessive Plus, Yes I took it to a new mod without asking, but I had no one to ask until I found this forum, Its only a team status though, not a clan status as I am also in the PHC Clan in Excessive Plus.